We can’t wait to get to know you! If you’re a 6th-8th grader who’d like to check us out and didn’t get your free pass for all our athletic and drama events in the mail, accept our apologies. Just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319.656.2073 and we’ll send one your way ASAP. It’s good for one friend if they sign up for our mailing list too. See you soon!
Events for 6th-8th grade students, transfer students, and their families:
- October 2 – Ice Cream Social between the JV & Varsity volleyball games (around 6:45) hosted by our National Honor Society members.
- October 14 – Harvest Party for prospective families with FFA following the fall music concert. We will have games and food following our 3:00 PM fall music concert.
- November 3, 4 – Drama with backstage tour and cast party following the play on the November 3rd. The play will be Little Women. Call ahead to reserve tickets.
- December 16 – Christmas party for 6th–8th graders, transfer students and their families following our 3:00 PM Christmas concert.
- March TBD – Skating party in Wellman.
Events happening at IMS that you may like to attend:
- October 12-13 Homecoming at IMS. Alumni celebration including alumni volleyball & soccer matches and Joetown Classic 5K run/walk. Come on out to participate in the activities for everyone on campus.
- October 13 Junior class Pork Supper fundraiser.* Get a taste of the community support around our school fundraisers.
- February 9 Senior class Chili Supper fundraiser*
- May 4-5 Children’s drama with children’s activities before the show
- May 19 Spring Music Concert
* = events you can purchase tickets for through the office or through IMS students
First Look Fridays are new open house events for transfer students and/or their parents and 7th-8th grade students and/or their parents. These will be held the first Friday of every month and are designed to be days you can drop in for a tour and to see classes, chapel, etc. in action.
– November 2 – March 1
– December 7 – April 5
– January 4 – May 3
– February 1
First semester visit days are open to transfer students, 7th graders and 8th graders. Second semester visit days are open to transfer students and 8th graders. These days will involve shadowing a current student. There will also be a coffee time at the beginning of the day available for parents to meet with our administrative team.
First Semester – transfer, 7th & 8th
- November 16
- November 26
Second Semester – transfer & 8th
- January 21
- February 18
- March 19
Open House Event
(Date change) March 4th – Prospective Family Night. Transfer students, 8th graders and their parents are invited to get information about IMS in an interactive open house experience. Learn how IMS can be affordable for your family, check out classes, extra-curricular activities, meet faculty, current families, and more. Register to attend at Prosepctive Family Night Registration
March 19 – Bring a Friend Day. Current students can invite a friend to attend classes with them for the day. Now this event is being combined with a Visit Day. More information and registration can be found at www.iowamennonite.org/visit