We can’t wait to get to know you! If you’re a 5th-8th grader who’d like to check us out and didn’t get your free pass for all our athletic and drama events in the mail, accept our apologies. Just let us know at email@example.com or 319.656.2073 and we’ll send one your way ASAP. It’s good for one friend if they sign up for our mailing list too. See you soon!
Events for 5th-8th grade students, transfer students, and their families:
- September 17 – 5th-8th graders come cheer on the Hillcrest Ravens this Tues, Sept 17 as they take on the Pekin Panthers starting at 5:30 pm. Use your passes to get into the game for free and don’t forget to bring a friend! We will have a special area for all the kids to sit and watch the game together. You, your friends and your families can join us in the cafeteria after the varsity game for ice cream! If you need more passes to hand out to friends, email Rebecca at rbeachymiller@
- October 26 – Our FFA will be hosting a Harvest Party for 5th-8th graders on Saturday, October 26 from 5:30-8:00 pm. Come enjoy games, a bonfire, s’mores and other goodies. Plan to be outdoors so dress accordingly. And if it’s a clear night, we’ll bring out the telescopes for planet & stargazing. For questions, please contact Rebecca at (319) 656-2073 x20 or (319) 631-2461.
- November 9 – Drama with backstage tour and cast party following the play. The musical will be Beauty and the Beast. Call ahead to reserve tickets.
- December 15 – Christmas party for 5th–8th graders, transfer students and their families following our 3:00 PM Christmas concert
Events happening at Hillcrest Academy that you may like to attend:
- October 5-6 Homecoming at Hillcrest. Alumni celebration including alumni volleyball & soccer matches and Joetown Classic 5K run/walk. Come on out to participate in the activities for everyone on campus.
- October 5 Junior class Pork Supper fundraiser.* Get a taste of the community support around our school fundraisers.
- February 15 Senior class Chili Supper fundraiser*
- April 18-19 Drama
- May 17 Spring Music Concert
* = events you can purchase tickets for through the office or through Hillcrest students
First semester visit days are open to transfer students and 8th graders. These days will involve shadowing a current student. There will also be a coffee time at the beginning of the day available for parents to meet with our administrative team.
First Semester – transfer & 8th
- November 27
- December 2