Academics are one of our top priorities, so we ensure quality programming. With a 1:8 teacher-student ratio, teachers and staff are passionate about their work, and a commitment to a hands-on learning environment will help you grow academically to reach your goals. Did you know…
- we have a student-run restaurant that serves cuisine from all over the world
- students planned and landscaped our school grounds
- we participate in physics olympics every year
- students installed a solar farm that produces green energy for our school
- and that students took the lead in constructing many of our out-buildings
How We Rank
You may also like to know that our class averages have ranked at the 98th percentile nationally on the Iowa Assessments with an ACT Composite score of 24.2 while the state average is 22.3. Approximately 90 percent of IMS graduates receive post-high school education or training. We do our part in setting you up for success in whatever you chose for your future. Our course catalog dishes out the details on the exact courses we offer. Oh and be sure to watch our video Academics at IMS to learn even more.