Way back in the 1940s, local church leaders saw the need for a Mennonite high school so they formed IMS on the donated land of an area farmer. Classes were held for the first time in the fall of 1945. In the decades that followed, IMS slowly built a tradition–a tradition of caring for students and faculty alike; a tradition of providing a strong Christian education for high school students.
Now we see clearly that IMS is so much more than a building or even a school. It’s a safe place to learn and grow into the people we were made to be. Welcome into our community!