SEISC soccer tournament

IMS 4, Danville 1

IMS hosted the SEISC tournament Friday and Saturday, finishing second to 5th ranked Holy Trinity in the championship game.

In the first round game, Friday evening, IMS defeated Danville 4-1. Dillon Bender had two goals and one assist, Enrique Sanchez had one goal and two assists and Reggie Hostetler had one goal. The back line of Justin Boller, Cody Miller, Jameson Lammer and Michael Hershberger shut down the Danville offense. Midfielders Peyton Thompson, Nicholas Yoder and Lane Schrock along with Sanchez were active in the midfield and maintained the majority of the possession.

Cody Miller
Enrique Sanchez

Lane Schrock

Peyton Thompson

Reggie Hostetler









IMS 3, Highland 2

Saturday morning IMS faced a determined group of Highland Huskies. The strong north wind affected play as gusts made judging the flight of the ball difficult. Going into the wind during the first half IMS put pressure on the Highland goal in spite of the wind. Thirteen minutes into the half an IMS shot was handled by a Huskie player resulting in an IMS penalty kick. Dillon Bender calmly put the shot by the goalie for the lead. The next goal came when Kirby Shetler sent a through pass to Reggie Hostetler who put the ball by the goalie and the 2-0 halftime lead.

IMS opened the second half with the wind at their back and immediately found their way to the goal. Nicholas Yoder sent the ball to Peyton Thompson who redirected the ball to the back of the net. Highland was not about to give up and kept pushing forward. Two strong shots from outside found their way to the back of the goal to tighten the score but IMS tightened their defense to hold on for the win.

IMS 0, Holy Trinity 2

There was a short turn around as IMS prepared for the championship game against Holy Trinity. Tired bodies and legs seemed to take their toll as the team struggled to create sustained offensive pressure. IMS opened the game with the wind at their back but play settled down in the middle third of the field. The game was scoreless until late in the first half when a Trinity player sent a long shot high and towards the goal. The swirling winds made the ball difficult to judge and it settled into the back of the net, just over the hands of the goalie.

The second half saw much of the same as both teams struggled to generate sustained offense possession. Trinity got their second goal on a long ball, tracked down by one of their forwards who turned the ball into the net. 

IMS returns to action Monday, traveling to Columbus. IMS is now 13-5 on the season.